[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

W Paul Mills
Sat Aug 15 15:27:35 PDT 2015

The installer problem was due to the regular chirp install conflicting
with the chirp-daily install. To solve this, you must uninstall package
chirp, before installing package from chirp-daily. This is because in
the Debian way of managing packages, the 'official' archive package
conflicts with the package from the 'unofficial' archive. Normally this
is desirable way to work, but in this situation causes problems for
those who do not understand the underlying cause.

Assuming you did this:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

Now do this:

sudo apt-get remove chirp

--
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                    *