[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

Jim Unroe
Fri Aug 14 20:34:08 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Charles Albert <kc6ufm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to John and Paul for their help. I can't get the daily updates to
> work (I get errors from the ppa file) but I installed the latest stable
> version (0.4.1) and trimmed the cable.
>
> Now when I try to read from the radio, the LED flashes a few times I get an
> error that "Radio refused to send block 0x0000".
>
> I'm wondering if this is due to the failure of the daily update install.
> From the first  error to the end of the output of the "apt-get install
> chirp-daily" command is:
>

> dpkg: error processing archive
> /var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20150814~trusty~1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/chirp/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/CHIRP.mo',
> which is also in package chirp 0.4.1-1.0~kamal~trusty
> dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20150814~trusty~1_amd64.deb
>

> Thanks!
>
> Take Care & 73
> Charles
> KC6UFM

The "Radio refused to send block 0x0000" was addressed in a recent
daily build. Just download the tarball and extract it in your home
folder.

tar xzf chirp-daily-20150814.tar.gz

Then switch to the folder and run the following.

./chirpw

For additional tips see the "Running Under Linux page.
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux