[chirp_users] (no subject)

Jim Unroe
Thu Apr 9 15:09:19 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM, dwsexton <dwsexton at scrtc.com> wrote:
> I have a UV B6 and i cannot program it using Chirp or the OEM software it
> gives radio didnot ac program mode when try to program on radio key pad it
> will not transmit it has good recieve
> Any one have any thoughts on the problem

Since you cannot program your radio with CHIRP or the OEM software the
problem is most likely the connection between the radio and your
computer. If the programming cable has a Prolific type chip it is most
likely caused by an incompatible driver. An improper connection
between the 2-pin plug and socket of the radio is a possibility. The
miklor.com website has compatible Windows drivers and instructions for
installing/choosing the compatible driver.

There are only two ways that I know of that could cause TX to be
inhibited when programming from the keypad.

1 trying to transmit on a busy channel when Busy Channel Lockout is programmed
2 programming a frequency that is within 70 MHz from one of the band
edges and then programming a shift direction (SFTD) and offset
(OFFSET) which put the TX frequency outside of the band limits.