[chirp_users] ic-e2820 an chirp

Apostolos Kefalas
Sun Apr 5 13:08:55 PDT 2015

Answers below....

On Κυρ, 2015-04-05 at 12:47 -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
> > Here is the output of chirp with Icom/Auto-Detect
> >
> > Server reports version 0.4.1 is available
> > Unexpected response from radio
> > 70 -> e0 (7):
> > 000: fe fe 70 e0 19 00 fd 00   ..p.....
> >
> > Read 0 bytes total
>
> This means it's not getting anything from the radio at all. Are you
> using the speaker or data jack cable?

I am using a home made cable found here:

http://mw0gkx.co.uk/radprog/icomhw/opc1529r.htm

> Is the D-STAR module installed?

Yes it is

> Are you tuned to a D-STAR channel at the time you're attempting to
> program it?

Yes I am.

But what I have just found is this page:

http://www.dj0abr.de/english/technik/aprs/aprs_mit_dem_ic.htm

And if you scroll to the middle you will read that 2820 needs -8V to
input pin, but my usb-to-serial adapter, outputs only -6,2V.

Maybe this is the problem!!!

73
Apostolos