[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82L Port problem

Jim McCorison
Fri Oct 17 08:24:17 PDT 2014

Allan,

You’ll have to forgive Jeff and Adrian, and certainly dozens, hundreds?, or others who thought the same thing. When somebody posts on a ham related list or site asking for help with their “phone” the instant assumption is that the person isn’t a ham and shouldn’t he using the equipment they are trying to use. As is generally the case in all things, proper use of terminology avoids confusion and incorrect assumptions. To compound this problem you’ve signed your last email with a call sign. I know that the published database lags behind, but the call sign you listed, W4EAB, shows as expired in 2009 and cancelled in 2011 and was a vanity held by some with a different name, unless Allen is a nickname for Larry.

I’m more of a Mac guy than Windows, but it sounds like the driver may not be properly installed or the cable may be different than what was expected. A great resource is http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Jim
K2SON

---
Jim McCorison