[chirp_users] What are the .img, .chirp, and .icf files all about?

Jim Unroe
Mon Oct 13 09:52:14 PDT 2014

Hi Bruce,

The difference is that the Kenwoods communicate with CHIRP in "Live" mode
and your UV-82 communicates with CHIRP in "Clone". This is due to the
design of the radio and not CHIRP. See the CHIRP "Beginners Guide".

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Beginners_Guide

Jim KC9HI