[chirp_users] problem programming radios

John LaMartina
Thu Nov 27 04:13:46 PST 2014

First, depending on which radio you have, flashing the firmware is more than likely out of the question, so let’s take the simple approach.

Even if a radio has the same basic model number an appearance, there’s a good chance that the .image files are not compatible.
You will need to create and initial starting point by creating a new template for that radio.
Then copy/paste the channel data from one template to another.
The other possibility is export/import the .csv file from one to the other.

Refer to http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php
I hope this helps…

John

http://www.miklor.com