[chirp_users] UV-5RA not working

kcrunchone hill
Wed Nov 26 20:11:03 PST 2014

Jim KC9HI

thanks for the fix info I am going to try and remedy the situation.
Hopefully I dont screw things up worse than they are. My other issue that I
found was when I put the radio
on frequency mode it transmit from the newer radio to the older radio but
not vice versa. I found that to be rather strange. I am going to look into
the info you passed along now. Hopefully I hit you
back with good news.

Rick

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I sound like you tried to program your coworkers radios with an older
> version of CHIRP and then upgraded. This allowed you to cross-load
> .img files between radios with N5R firmware and radio with pre-N5R
> firmware. This should not be done because receive will be muted.
>
> The recovery procedure is on the miklor.com website.
>
> http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Recovery.php#N5R
>
> Jim KC9HI
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 1:14 PM, kcrunchone hill <kcrunchone at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I downloaded the new software version and tried to program some of my
> > coworkers radios and they are not functioning. They are not communicating
> > with each other or receiving transmissions from the base either. Prior to
> > the download the software was working just fine. I dont have an older
> copy
> > saved and was curious is there a problem or a fix.
> >
> > Rick

from tdc to bdc fire is my desire
F I N A O
failure is not an option