[chirp_users] UV-82 C Issue with work mode

Jamey Gettys
Tue Nov 11 09:46:45 PST 2014

I have set up eight BAOFENG UV-82 C radios to use in my fire department. I
have locked them down in CHIRP using the work mode settings. Here is what I
have done:

*Advanced Settings*
-Dual Watch = Enabled
-Dual Watch Priority = A
-All menu's = Disabled
-Single PTT= Enabled

*Work Mode Settings*
-Display =A
-VFO/MR Mode = Channel
-MR A Channel = 2
-MR B Channel =1

The result is that both the "A" channel and "B" channel show on screen as
expected. The users can change channel "A" with the up/Down buttons. The
users can not tab down and change the "B" channel. They can press the
 "Tab" button and the indicator arrow will go down to "B" and immediately
return to the "A" channel. All this is perfect and what I wanted to happen.
The problem/issue that I do not like is this:
As radio traffic is being received on the "B" channel, the user can
inadvertently press the up/down buttons and change the "B" channel. This is
a huge issue because they can not change it back unless traffic is received
on whatever channel they accidentally changed "B" to.

The "B" channel should not be allowed to change under these circumstances.
If this were corrected, it would be a perfect set-up for us.

Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.