[chirp_users] BaoFeng UV-82C

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 4 15:03:50 PST 2014

Hi Richard,

CHIRP programs quite a few different radios with different
requirements and options. You can't just start out with File -> New
and start programming. CHIRP won't know what the requirements and
options are.

What you must do is download from the radio first. Use the UV-82
selection. Without making any changes, save this first download to a
.img file for backup purposes. Keep it in a safe place.

Now you can edit the memory channels and settings as needed and then
upload them to the radio. When you save these changes to a .img file,
be sure to use a different file name than you did for your "backup".

Also, so as not to lose the effort that you put into the "generic"
template, you can save it as a .csv file and then import it to your
UV-82 template. An alternative would be to load both at the same time
and copy and paste the channels from the "generic" tab to the the
UV-82 tab.

Jim KC9HI