[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-8900 and FTDI USB cable problem

W Paul Mills
Fri May 23 23:56:17 PDT 2014

This is not a very specific description of your cable. There is no
reason why a FTDI based cable should not work if wired correctly. There
are specific steps that must be taken with Yaesu radios to put them into
the proper clone mode. Make sure you follow them exactly.

On 05/24/2014 12:03 AM, John Cooley wrote:
> Anybody get this cable to work with the radio ?
> I have installed the drivers on XP SP3. Comes up as COM5.
> CHIRP says the radio is not connected.

* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                    *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                    *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club        *