[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA

Michael Rathbun
Wed May 21 16:26:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014 16:03:35 -0400, Jack Speer <speerj at buck.com> wrote:

>Transceiver stays in transmit once I plug in the programming cable to
>the USB port.
>
>Ideas?

Rather than fuss with the driver, I have two solutions:

1.  Plug the radio in while turned off, ready Chirp for whatever operation,
turn the radio on and click the OK button on Chirp as soon as the version
string shows up in the radio display.

2.  Program a non-transmit channel (I have local NOAA weather in
channel 1), tune to that channel before plugging in, and no further issues.

mdr  KL7F
--
   Sometimes half-ass is exactly the right amount of ass.
       -- Wonderella