[chirp_users] New user; CHIRP does not start on my MBP

Tom Hayward
Mon May 19 16:58:21 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Jerald Josephs
<jerald.josephs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank-you for the prompt response.
>
> What is the difference between the KK7DS distribution of the Python runtime
> vs. installing Python 2.7.5 (or 2.7.6 that is now available) from
> python.org? I already had installed both 2.7.5 and 3.3 from python.org,
> which obviously is not in the path that Chirp is looking in.

The KK7DS package includes pygtk and pyserial. Feel free to build
pyGTK yourself and use it with your existing Python, but I bet you
will find it's easier to just install the KK7DS runtime.

Tom KD7LXL