[chirp_users] Help in programming a uv-5

Jim Unroe
Thu May 15 13:26:58 PDT 2014

Clif,

You must download from the radio first to get a tab that shows "Baofeng
UV-5R:" in it. Then you can edit that and upload it to your radio. If you
have already programmed channels on a generic tap, load it too. Then you
can copy and paste from the generic tab to the Baofeng UV-5R: tab. Only
tabs prefixed with "Baofeng UV-5R:" will be allowed to be uploaded to your
radio.

Jim KC9HI