[chirp_users] Icom V82

John KB2SCS
Sun May 4 10:08:23 PDT 2014

Hi All
             I am using Chirp on Puppy Linux Slacko (Slackware)
I am using the source code of Chirp. In Slacko I have the full Python
development system.
The only other thing I had to install to get Chirp to work was Python
Serial.

I started up Chirp by typing into the terminal window chirpw.
I was able to down load the image of my IcomV82 into Chirp.

I noticed on the Repeater2 column that the callsign was W2DNY   C.
Is this normal? Shouldn't the C be a G?
I clicked on the WD2NY   C in the Repeater2 column and a drop down list
opened which
only contained WD2NY   C and the other repeater callsigns that I have
programed into my radio.

All the callsigns had a C at the end none with  a G at the end.
These Callsigns are in my Repeater1 column which a C makes sense. Again
shouldn't the
Repeater2 callsings have a G for gateway. The memories in the radio for
Repeater2 all have a G
in them.

It looks like Chirp did not read the repeater2 memories of the radio
correctly.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time in reading this E-Mail.

--
Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
            E-Mail:    kb2scs at arrl.net
            Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs