[chirp_users] Need info on Motorola XTN XU2600 radio

Kevin Zembower
Sat May 3 10:26:39 PDT 2014

On 05/03/2014 11:05 AM, Tom ND5Y wrote:
> You may want to read Part 2 and Part 90 of the FCC Rules and Regulations.
> They can be found on the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations web site at:
> http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title47/47cfr2_main_02.tpl
> http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title47/47cfr90_main_02.tpl
>
> Part 2 is the general rules for all services and Part 90 is the Private
> Land Mobile Radio Services rules.
>
> 90.427 says "...no person shall program into a transmitter frequencies
> for which the licensee using the transmitter is not authorized."
Tom, thanks for this citation. I'll pass it along to the school.

IANAL,  but it seems to me that the section you quote of 90.427 wouldn't
apply. The school is (hopefully) licensed to use the frequency; they're
already using it with the Motorola radios. Jim's point was that the
Baofeng radios aren't certified by the FCC to use that frequency, if I
understand correctly.

Regardless, I'm grateful to all the folks who created and maintain
CHIRP; it allowed me to do a task that I wouldn't have been able to do
otherwise.

-Kevin