[chirp_users] Another way Chirp can be tripped up by the OS

Niklas Johnson
Thu Mar 27 11:35:23 PDT 2014

The cables my company got from Baofeng directly when buying a few
hundred private labelled UV-5Rs do not keep the radio keyed when inserted
or reading/writing. It keys it momentarily when plugged in, but it should
not when fully inserted. It does not have a series PTT (its the sleeve on
the 3.5mm), so your cable is incorrectly wired. Additionally, the cables we
purchased were counterfeit Prolific chip-based so they required the older
3.2.0 driver (sourced from Miklor).

--Niklas