[chirp_users] Cannot program Simplex from Imported CSV

Milton Hywatt
Thu Mar 27 10:54:52 PDT 2014

If you mean an odd split as something besides the normal .600
or 5.000 mhz shifts, like using 1.000 mhz on VHF yes the radio
can do up to 100.000 mhz shifts in increments of 10 khz steps.

________________________________
 From: Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Cannot program Simplex from Imported CSV

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM, John Kellas <sales at mparam.com> wrote:
> Is this because CHIRP will not allow 'split' as an option for duplex because
> of the radio model number for some reason?

Yes, exactly. If you look at the 5888 in the Model Support page,
you'll see it doesn't support Odd Split.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/download/0.4.0/Model_Support.html

I believe this is a limitation of the Chirp implementation, not the
radio itself. Chirp developers haven't taken the time to support every
feature on every radio. This is just one detail that was skipped,
because offset is equally functional.

Chirp is smart enough to convert an odd split to an offset when
importing, as you have found.

Tom KD7LXL