[chirp_users] Copying data from one rig to another (of the same model)

Bob Aldridge
Tue Mar 18 12:23:31 PDT 2014

Hi Pedja

I've known a number of people who thought they could "clone" one radio
from another. And failed.

And you can't just write the programming for one radio straight onto
another. You'll get an error message.

What you have to do is download the programming from the donor radio.
Download the programming from the receiving radio and then "Copy" the
data from the first radio's "table" and "paste" it into the second
radio's "table", overwriting the previous contents. Then you can write
the amended second radio's "table" back into the radio without the error
message.

Bob
M0TMT