[chirp_users] missing 'pango' package with new chirp install Mac OS X 10.7.5

Milton Hywatt
Sat Mar 1 16:05:49 PST 2014

I suppose you probably do have sufficient rights but this might be a users permissions issue.
Have you used the disk utility to check for ACL and permissions issues? You can scan the disk
first and see what it comes up with. I know I always get a couple errors where it said it found
an ACL where it should be but that's gotta be a bug because if you fix it and scan again it will find it
again. I first installed Chirp on 64 bit lion. It worked right away. Your log indicates it can't find
the Pango config file and thusly any .png graphics that the particular radio neededs to display.

Here is what I would do and it's not a recommendation. I'd see if there is a script to completely
uninstall both the PyGTK packages and Chirp. Run a disk scan for ACL and directory permission.
Fix any that are reported back. Then reinstall the PyGTK packages from KK7DS and then Chirp
Stable. I know that build runs I've run it clear through Mountain Lion to Mavericks.

________________________________
 From: Dave Ritchie <deritchie at yahoo.com>
To: Dave Ritchie <deritchie at yahoo.com>; Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] missing 'pango' package with new chirp install	Mac OS	X 10.7.5

Oh and BTW, I also tried installing the daily build after 0.3.1 didn't work
(as indicated in the log...)

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:03 PM, Dave Ritchie <deritchie at yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok,
   tried installing stable MacOS package. This is a first time install on
my MacBook , installed stable 0.3.1, died due to missing KK7DS python package. Installed that.

Fails with the following message in debug.log:

Registered Wouxun_KG-UVD1P = KGUVD1PRadio
Registered Wouxun_KG-UV6 = KGUV6DRadio
Registered Wouxun_KG-816 = KG816Radio
Registered
 Wouxun_KG-818 = KG818Radio
Icon /usr/share/pixmaps/chirp.png not found
Initialized MacOS support
/Users/dritchie/Downloads/chirp-daily-20140222.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/chirp/chirpw:146: PangoWarning: error opening config file '../Resources/etc/pango/pangorc': No such file or directory

  a.show()

What now? I see that pango is a graphics package for doing font rendering in an platform agnostic way.. but before I go off and install that, I thought I should ask what the recommended way of doing this is. Macports, perhaps?

73, Dave N4DJS