[chirp_users] CHIRP cannot see serial interface on Apple 10.9.3 Maverics even though the Mac does see it

Jim Unroe
Sun Jun 15 17:56:03 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Ashley Grayson <kj6ych at me.com> wrote:

> Can anyone offer any advice?
>
> I'm trying to use CHIRP to program a TYT UV-F! with a MacBook Air running
> Mavericks.
>
> I did use a Windows machine (once) to program the UV-F! so I know the
> Prolific cable works with the radio and one model of PC.
>
> CHIRP 0.4.0 only shows four cu.drivers in the "Download from Radio" menu
> and none of them are reasonable; two are bluetooth and two wireless.

You probably have a programming cable with an unauthorized copy of a
Prolific chip. In that case, you need to uninstall the driver that you
currently have in your MacBook and install the generic driver from here:

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips