[chirp_users] CHIRP cannot see serial interface on Apple 10.9.3 Maverics even though the Mac does see it

Ashley Grayson
Sun Jun 15 16:38:40 PDT 2014

Can anyone offer any advice?

I'm trying to use CHIRP to program a TYT UV-F! with a MacBook Air running Mavericks.

I did use a Windows machine (once) to program the UV-F! so I know the Prolific cable works with the radio and one model of PC.

CHIRP 0.4.0 only shows four cu.drivers in the "Download from Radio" menu and none of them are reasonable; two are bluetooth and two wireless.

The CHIRP menu does offer TYT and UV-F1 as choices so that looks good.

Mavericks directory /dev listing shows the four cu.driver files and lots of other file names but nothing like "ftdi" or "serial" even after
disabling the Apple ftdi.kext and installing the recommended FTDI serial driver with no errors.

The Apple system info shows the cable present:

USB-Serial Controller:

  Product ID:	0x2303
  Vendor ID:	0x067b  (Prolific Technology, Inc.)
  Version:	 3.00
  Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:	Prolific Technology Inc.
  Location ID:	0x04100000 / 3
  Current Available (mA):	500

This could be as simple as me not knowing to hold down some button on the radio when starting the CHIRP program or
missing some file in some directory.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd like to use CHIRP to manage several radios but I can't even make one work at this point.

Ashley Grayson