[chirp_users] Disable Transmission on UV-82

Jim Unroe
Thu Jun 12 14:03:44 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Rohm Thompson <rohmthom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Totally green, new user here trying to set up a Baofeng UV-82 to receive
> only on one UHF channel.  I've had no problem using CHIRP to set up the
> radio and use it normally but cannot figure out how to disable the transmit
> function.  I have unchecked the VHF and UHF Tx Enabled check boxes but that
> didn't stop transmission.  Any hints would be much appreciated.
>
> Rohm Thompson

Rohm,

Jeff is correct.

The "check boxes" for VHF TX Enabled and UHF TX Enabled are equivalent to
the settings in the Baofeng VIP software. Changing the settings in CHIRP
will not affect the radio because this function is not implemented in the
radio. The settings in the OEM software cannot be changed because they are
disabled (greyed out). The OEM software does correctly show the changes
that have been made by CHIRP. The same goes for the UV-5R and it's many
variants.