[chirp_users] "Most unusual" "Radio did not ack programming mode"

Jim Unroe
Tue Jun 10 18:25:12 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Richard Haney <rfhaney at gmail.com> wrote:

> So Hooray!  All is not lost!  At least it seems I have not irreparably
> damaged the radio as I had feared.

That's good news.

> But it does seem that a bug fix of CHIRP regarding the problem is in
> order.  However, I have not checked whether this problem is already
> regarded as a bug that needs fixing.

Which version of CHIRP are you using? v0.4.0 or any recent daily build
should be fine.

Now that you have the channels and settings saved using the Baofeng
software, I would give the RESET a try. The UV-B5/B6 has a weird habit of
changing it's cloning behavior based on the radio's settings (changing ACK
values and IDENT strings were a real pain during the early development of
the initial support).