[chirp_users] "Most unusual" "Radio did not ack programming mode"

Richard Haney
Tue Jun 10 18:05:26 PDT 2014

Hi Pete,

Please note that the comment of mine that you quote was intended to be in
reference to the product(s)  (the Baofeng UV-B5 and cable) I bought and not
in reference to CHIRP.  I'm sorry that my intention in that regard was not
clear.  It certainly seemed from what I knew at the time that the problem
was with the hardware, and I thought that that was clear from my comments.

However, I now think the problem is a problem with CHIRP because I have
been able to upload the HT's programming into the OEM software offered
by miklor.com <http://www.miklor.com/UVB5/UVB5-Software.php> .

So Hooray!  All is not lost!  At least it seems I have not irreparably
damaged the radio as I had feared.

But it does seem that a bug fix of CHIRP regarding the problem is in order.
 However, I have not checked whether this problem is already regarded as a
bug that needs fixing.

Anyway, I thought folks would like to know in case anyone else is puzzled
by this sort of problem.

Richard Haney