[chirp_users] Tone Settings TX, RX (TSQL & DCL) discussion

John LaMartina
Tue Jul 22 13:47:46 PDT 2014

Whit,
This is explained in the Guide mentioned previously under Tone Mode.
http://kc9hi.dyndns.org/uv5r/programming/CHIRP%20Guide.pdf
A description of each field and its options can be found there.

An entry in the ToneSql field is not required.
If the Tone Mode selection is (none), the Tone and ToneSql fields are ignored.
The 88.5 is a filler default.

I hope this helps . . .

John K3NXU
http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dr. Whit Woodard
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:48 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tone Settings TX, RX (TSQL & DCL) discussion

Bill,
Thanks, that is very helpful.  The question that comes to my mind is why then does chirp require us to put some value in the ToneSql
column on every memory channel?  I
have just put in the lowest tone, because the software does not allow me to leave it blank.  It would be very helpful if we had the
option of leaving unnecessary columns
blank.  We can only do that with a couple of the entries.  I would just amend the template to eliminate those columns, but I do not
know which are necessary and which are not.  I hope in time I will gain a better understanding of the template which apparently is
restricted by both the hardware and the chirp software.  Your arrangement for communication just with your family is a great idea.
I would like to do something very similar.  Do you employ that on a repeater so that you can obtain better coverage? or must you
just set it up on simplex?

73
Whit
k3wb