[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 16

Jim Unroe
Sun Jul 20 20:25:22 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM, WD6AJR <wd6ajr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you to all who replied to my post.  I got it programmed.  However,
> at the end of the upload, I got an error message.  In case the image
> doesn't come through in the post, the text  is:
> An error has occurred
>
> Upload finished but the 'Other Settings' could not be sent because the
> firmware version of the image BFB307 BFB297) does not match that of the
> radio BFS311 BFB297 ).
>
> Can the firmware of the UV5R be flashed or, does the difference in
> versions not really matter?
>
> Tnx es 73,
>
> David  WD6AJR
> Orange, CA
>
> SKCC #8252
> NAQCC #5729
> TALARC #100703138
>

> This is nothing to worry about. It is just letting you know that the Other
settings can't be uploaded because the firmware versions differ. This
amounts to the band limits and the power-on messages.

After the upload finishes, download from your radio, edit the power-on
messages and band limits (if necessary) and upload to your radio. No more
"error".

The firmware cannot be updated.