[chirp_users] Baofeng Radios

Steve Wall
Tue Jul 1 14:27:11 PDT 2014

One prolific chip programming cable "gotcha" I haven't heard anyone
mention is using the right USB port.  Once you get it working by
manually installing the old version of the prolific driver you have to
plug your programming cable into that exact same USB port on your
computer every time. I ran into this one after trying to reprogram a
radio after a few months of use.  After an hour or so of head
scratching I switched ports and boom it worked perfectly again.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Bruce Marshall <bmarsh at bmarsh.com> wrote:
> On 07/01/2014 12:36 PM, Pete Mackie wrote:
>
> I too only use a FTDI USB / serial cable with my HT. I use this cable with
> my Yaesu VX-6 on three separate computers. One workstation and two field
> laptops. My FTDI cable connects 100% of the time with fail proof HT uploads
> and downloads.
>
> As I read all of the gross Prolific connection failure support requests, I
> am now wondering why Hams even waste their time in dealing with using
> Prolific USB / serial cables?
>

> Because they work like a charm on Linux??
>
> "An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it."

Steve Wall