[chirp_users] yaesu 897

Jens J.
Thu Jan 30 14:42:24 PST 2014

Looks like my change was committed ~ 2013-10-31.
Can you verify that 2013-10-27 build works or does not work for you?
http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20131027/

-Jens

________________________________
 From: Jens J. <kd4tjx at yahoo.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] yaesu 897

FWIW, I made a global change that moved the opening of the com port for upload operation to _before_ the clone message is displayed.
This was done because in my testing with FT-90, it worked fine on linux, but radio would not go into clone mode on windows xp.
I suspect it had something to do with port lines (DTR/CTS, etc) or with my homebrew cable, but whatever it was, opening the port before displaying the clone instructions worked for me across platforms, and so far have not heard any other negative side-effects.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/1187#note-6

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/diff/chirpui/mainapp.py?rev=1c8ef954a71b&type=sbs

I make this comment only in the off chance that it is somehow related to the issue being described here.

-Jens