[chirp_users] yaesu 897

Basil Copeland
Thu Jan 30 09:18:31 PST 2014

I found the source code.  Thanks.

Well, I can understand why a code readability update shouldn't matter.  But
before dismissing the matter, shouldn't someone try to replicate my
problem, i.e. actually try to program an FT-60 or an FT-8800 with the
builds I reported problems with?  If they do, and it works for them, then I
would think that narrows it to a cable issue, and we should look at what
cables are being used successfully, versus what I'm using unsuccessfully.
While I will not rule out a cable issue per se, I have to be jaundiced
about blaming it on the cable since I have successfully used the FT-60
cable (FTDI) with the Commander software.  I purchased an FTDI cable at the
same time as the other two, for a VX-7, but haven't tried to program it
yet.  I think I'll try to get around to it today, and see if there are
related issues.

Basil
KE5GAE