[chirp_users] Tone mode

Milton Hywatt
Wed Jan 22 13:47:13 PST 2014

Evidently I've lost my marbles, not that I had many to lose

in the first place. The issue is decoding tone. Just want to
open squelch only when tone is present and properly decoded.

Two public safety agencies. Standard PL toning used.

Now.. when setting up Chirp I can only get just DEC to appear
on the display if I set the Tone Mode to Cross then the Cross
Mode to --> Tone. Only reason to decode tone, eliminates the

repeater Morse code ID which is not transmitted with a tone encoded.

So is this all correctly done? Before I had it set to TSQL and Tone - Tone
but it wasn't eliminating the repeater ID. So I set out for an alternative setting.
I have it set up similar on a Wouxun HT and when it receives a signal it can't
decode the green activity ligh illuminates but there is no audio. So far I haven't
heard any ID which is usually every 15 minutes or less.