[chirp_users] Wrong data saved on pofung uv-5r

Jim Unroe
Fri Dec 26 19:04:51 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM, clifton meager <cliff924s at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I program the tone frequency for rec. and tone type it saves as 88.5
> (programmed as 203.5) and TSQL rather than tone. This happens on ch. 2. I
> have tone programmed only on ch. 1 and 2. None for ch. 3 and 4. The tone
> freq . shows correct for all transmit  entries.
>
> Cliff

Hi Cliff,

When you set Tone Mode to TSQL, CHIRP uses the ToneSql column for the
TX CTCSS tone and the RX CTCSS tone. The Tone column with the default
88.5 value is ignored.

To verify this, select channel 2 and then access menu 11 (R-CTCS) and
menu 13 (T-CTCS) and you should see 203.5HZ for both.

What I would recommend is that you select View in the menu bar and
then enable "Hide unused fields" (which should be the default for new
CHIRP installations). Once you do that the 88.5 will disappear (that
is unless you select 88.5 as the tone).

Take a look at these guides for insight as to what the columns do and
how they interact with each other.

http://kc9hi.dyndns.org/uv5r/programming/CHIRP%20Guide.pdf
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns