[chirp_users] FM mode

Jim Unroe
Thu Dec 11 18:54:08 PST 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Tyler Day <mx125a at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My chirp software is stuck on fm mode the only options to me are fm and nfm
> is this normal? I am trying to program repeaters into my beofeng uv5r radio.
> Dont I need the 2 meter option to do this? Thanks.

Tyler,

As Tom pointed out, FM and NFM are the only Mode choices that would be
appropriate for the UV-5R. FM corresponds to menu 5 (WN) being set to
WIDE (wide bandwidth) and NFM corresponds to menu 5 (WN) being set to
NARR (narrow bandwidth).

The miklor.com website has a CHIRP "examples" page which has VHF
repeater example and a UHF repeater example.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php