[chirp_users] New Tech with Boafeng UV-5R and CHIRP software

Christy Cash
Sat Dec 6 17:36:18 PST 2014

Hi, and thanks for allowing me to join the group.

I have been working on getting my CHIRP installed (and working) for several
days now. Tonight, I FINALLY got everything to work, after trudging through
many website, emails, and discussions.  I created a couple of channels as a
test run and everything read from the radio and wrote to the radio with no
problem.  I then went back into the program to start over and I got errors
indicating the Port was no good.  I had not removed the cable or changed
ports, or done anything differently. When I went into my Devices and
Printers folder, there was a yellow warning sign stating there was a
problem with the port.  But everything worked fine just seconds before
that.  I'm sure I will have more questions, but after getting this far on
my own, I'm at a loss, and hope to get some help.
Thank you for your time,
Christy KEØCJO