[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV6X, is it possible to unlock menu function?

Benton
Fri Aug 22 21:24:27 PDT 2014

On 2014-08-22 20:10, Rob Gowler wrote:
> Jim, thanks for your help! I really do appreciate it.
>
> This might be a little over my head though.
>
> I'm pretty good with computers for a novice, but I cannot find the
> .img file. If I could find it I could email it to you.

Pardon me if I'm missing something or speaking out of turn, but...

You get the image-file by unloading one out of your radio.  Chirp
doesn't come with any, since there would be tons of 'em, one or more for
each flavor of radio.

You 'download from radio' an image, modify it the way you want, by
manually changing settings row by row, or overlaying a dot-csv file from
your computer, then uploading the image back up to your radio.

You can save either the .img file out to your computer, if you want to
have that to shove back up to your radio, or save a .csv, which is more
universal, able to overlay onto other radio images or slurp up into
Excel for printing, etc.

Benton 22aug14
--
KF7QLP