[chirp_users] Programming separate receive and transmit PL

Jim Unroe
Sun Apr 27 07:09:47 PDT 2014

Rob,

The first thing you should do is click View in the menu bar and enable
"Hide Unused Fields"

The next thing would be to review the CHIRP guide available from the
miklor.com website and the Memory Editor Columns page available on the
CHIRP website.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP5R.php
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Rob <robbknyc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just picked up a Baofeng GT-3 and downloaded Chirp to use with it.
>
> I have a programming question on how to program separate receive and
> transmit PLs.
>
> How would I program something with say a receive frequency of 150.0000 and
> a PL of 77.0 and a transmit frequency of say155.0000 and a PL of 118.8.
>
> Here are the settings I'm using:
>
> Under frequency I placed the receive frequency of 150.0000.

Correct

> Tone mode is set to tone.

This only sets up a TX tone. When Tone Mode is set to Tone, the ToneSQL
column and the Cross Mode columns are ignored.

Tone Mode should be set to Cross to enable the Cross Mode settings.

> Tone and tone SQL is the 77.0 receive PL.

Tone should be set to 118.8
ToneSQL should be set to 77.0

DTCS code and Rx code is 023.

These columns should be left at their defaults since they will be ignored
and should no longer display once the Cross Mode is set.

> Cross mode is tone > tone.

Correct.

> Duplex is split.

Duplex should be set to "(None)" (which is RX=TX=simplex)

> Offset is the transmit frequency of 155.0000.

Offset will be unused and therefor should be blank