[chirp_users] NC Hams using chirp

Milton
Tue Apr 22 10:19:01 PDT 2014

Well that would explain it for me. He needs to buy a USB to DB9 FDX serial
cable, the 1799
cable plugs into the DB9 cable and the custom plug into the 92AD. Or if his
PC has a DB9 on back
just the 1799. I used to program my FT8900 with USB to DB9 and DB9 to min
din 6 . Worked but the
driver, the latest for the Radio Shack USB cable was for Windows 2000. And
although it worked
the driver didn't play nice with the other two com port 3200 drivers for
Anytone and Baofeng. I had
a spare Anytone cable, chopped the end off both cables and connected the
ground and rx/tx wire
to the mini din 6 pin and it works fabulously with the FT8900.