[chirp_users] VX 170 programming

Roberto Gomez
Thu Apr 17 12:17:01 PDT 2014

Hello,

I’m trying to connect a VX 170 to CHIRP using the latest daily build.

I’m using this port: /dev/cu.PL2303-00001004
Vendor: Yaesu
Model: VX 170

I connect the cable with radio off, switch on with moni button held, put radio into Clone mode then press F key, hit OK button on CHIRP then press and hold the PTT until I get TX message on radio.

All I get is “ Failed to communicate with radio: Failed to read header (0)

Am I missing a driver or something? Some missed step?  Thanks for the help.

I’ve had good luck with Wouxun radios, working well.

Roberto