[chirp_users] OS-X 10.8.5 and RTS cable for VX7

kc6iih
Thu Sep 26 14:10:50 PDT 2013

I use RTS software and cables with no problems.
I have the VX-2,VX8-GR! and cables and the FT-950 cable.
Why mess with something else that you have to be a c++engineer to get to work.

  Jock  KC6IIH
Sent from Samsung tabletMilton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:Anyone else out there using this combination successfully? Even any RTS
cable? I've been helping out a gal off list with her Mac and RTS cable.
She had posted one message to the list yesterday if you want to read her
synopsis. In addition she has emailed me back several times as I had
her run some diagnostics and wanted to view her kernel messages.
Kernel message says the FTDI chip load ok. But when she's getting
hard locks on read requiring a long press on the power button to get
a reboot. Some other things are a bit vague but I will attempt to re-read.

What I'm looking for is a person or persons who use the latest OSX and
an RTS cable so I can see a driver version. Another funny thing, she said the
system info finds the driver just fine. And it loads in the kenel message.
But that driver can't be found in the Chirp list of cables. I though that was
a bit odd and thanks for any help.

Milton