[chirp_users] VX 7R Upload Issue

Tom Hayward
Wed Sep 25 15:36:46 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Angela Hawse <alpinist007 at me.com> wrote:
> I successfully downloaded all the frequencies from my Yaesu VX7R using
> Chirp.
>
> I am a Mac user, downloaded Python and have followed all the steps
> carefully.
> I have an RT Systems cable and downloaded the Mac Driver.
> My Mac reads the cable by name when I choose it for download/uploads from
> the Mac on Chirp.
>
> I am unable to Upload the original file (that I did not edit), or the edited
> version I hope to Upload.
>
> Cloning is working in Rx mode when I start Upload and I get the progress
> bar.  Every time the progress bar reaches about the "N" above "Cancel", my
> VX7R switches from Clone Rx to VF0 430.000.  Then the progress bar only
> continues to the "L" above "Cancel", and everything freezes.  Often the
> freeze can be stopped with Force Quit, other times I have to shut down with
> the power button on my computer.
>
> I have also tried using a Future Technology Devices International cable
> which my computer recognizes as well (downloaded driver from FTDI website).
>
> Any suggestions?  Now my radio has none of the Fx on it that I so
> painstakingly entered manually (100+).  I'm thrilled there is hope for
> programing with my Mac and hope I am just missing something.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Angela
> KD0GMG

For those of you not following the bug tracker, this is related to:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/1147

There she posted a debug.log with the line:
[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

That error is returned by the operating system when it is not able to
communicate with a driver. If any of your could recommend an
appropriate driver I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Tom KD7LXL