[chirp_users] VX 7R Upload Issue

Angela Hawse
Wed Sep 25 15:32:05 PDT 2013

I successfully downloaded all the frequencies from my Yaesu VX7R using Chirp.

I am a Mac user, downloaded Python and have followed all the steps carefully.
I have an RT Systems cable and downloaded the Mac Driver.
My Mac reads the cable by name when I choose it for download/uploads from the Mac on Chirp.

I am unable to Upload the original file (that I did not edit), or the edited version I hope to Upload.

Cloning is working in Rx mode when I start Upload and I get the progress bar.  Every time the progress bar reaches about the "N" above "Cancel", my VX7R switches from Clone Rx to VF0 430.000.  Then the progress bar only continues to the "L" above "Cancel", and everything freezes.  Often the freeze can be stopped with Force Quit, other times I have to shut down with the power button on my computer.

I have also tried using a Future Technology Devices International cable which my computer recognizes as well (downloaded driver from FTDI website).

Any suggestions?  Now my radio has none of the Fx on it that I so painstakingly entered manually (100+).  I'm thrilled there is hope for programing with my Mac and hope I am just missing something.

Thanks in advance,
Angela
KD0GMG