[chirp_users] UV-5R

Milton Hywatt
Wed Sep 18 16:46:14 PDT 2013

USA349 firmware is the Baofeng F-11. Try using that radio to

download from in Chirp. I own one myself and really the only
practical difference from the UV5R is the firmare and the Badge.
Mine is badged F-11 though and I'm under the impression that the
radio you are trying to read from says UV5R but has the same firmware
as the F-11? Have a look here: http://www.wouxun.us/category.php?category_id=60

________________________________
 From: JD Morrow <ngauge75 at verizon.net>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:32 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] UV-5R

Hi All,
    I’ve been watching this page in amazement. For pretty
much volunteer work, great job. I try and read all the posts regarding the
UV-5R, own 2, have no trouble with them. A club member asked me to program his,
the version comes up as USA349, and I have had no success getting access to it
with the program. Always says it can’t communicate with the radio. Have tried
all the connector suggestions. Any thoughts? It does accept keypad input.

JD