[chirp_users] UV-5R

John LaMartina
Wed Sep 18 16:43:54 PDT 2013

JD

The firmware version USA349 indicates that the unit is not a UV5R, but rather a Baofeng F-11.

The F-11 is basically a UV5R with slightly different firmware.

CHIRP does support the F-11, but it needs to be selected in the model dropdown.

See: http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/FAQ

QA #2 (Firmware Link)

Hope this helps. John K3NXU

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of JD Morrow
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:33 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV-5R

Hi All,

    I’ve been watching this page in amazement. For pretty much volunteer work, great job. I try and read all the posts regarding the UV-5R, own 2, have no trouble with them. A club member asked me to program his, the version comes up as USA349, and I have had no success getting access to it with the program. Always says it can’t communicate with the radio. Have tried all the connector suggestions. Any thoughts? It does accept keypad input.

JD