[chirp_users] Column Number Mismatch Error

Jim Unroe
Wed Sep 18 14:55:21 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The dialog I saw was Jim Unroe and his insight on Excel
> creating too many commas and some thing about a bug.
> But I couldn't tell if Jim was trying to say Excel had the bug
> or Chirp. I could hardly believe it was Chirp but from working
> with SQL, Excel, CSV, and importing using ODBC drivers for files from
> one brand of business software to another since 1999, that I
> could say without much doubt that it is Microsoft's issue.

Yes Milton. It is most definitely an Excel bug. And what Excel does is
drops commas. This shifts the data from that point forward. Any software
that imports CSV files would probably have problems with a file corrupted
in this fashion.