[chirp_users] Confusion about uploading .img file to radio

Peter Strauss
Mon Sep 9 17:43:24 PDT 2013

Please ignore the previous post.  Serious cockpit error, rectified.
Learning curve a bit steep for this old man, but I'm getting there.

Peter KO6R

________________________________
 From: Peter Strauss <ko6r at yahoo.com>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 5:34 PM
Subject: Confusion about uploading .img file to radio

I have successfully downloaded, modified and uploaded memory settings.
I thought that I could save such a file, and then use it for a subsequent upload if that became necessary.
What I did:  I used what I had saved from a previous download, modified it, and then attempted to upload it.  I got an error:
Failed to communicate with radio: Radio did not ack block 0

Can I only upload the same file that I downloaded?  If that's the case, why would one save a file?

Thanks,

Peter KO6R