[chirp_users] Confusion about uploading .img file to radio

Milton Hywatt
Mon Sep 9 17:41:09 PDT 2013

I'm assuming block zero to be the very beginning of the file.
Did you try to download from the radio and upload the same
file immediately after you got the error? Maybe the radio was
not communicating with Chirp? You'll have to do some tests
because I've written files I've saved.

________________________________
 From: Peter Strauss <ko6r at yahoo.com>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 8:34 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Confusion about uploading .img file to radio

I have successfully downloaded, modified and uploaded memory settings.
I thought that I could save such a file, and then use it for a subsequent upload if that became necessary.
What I did:  I used what I had saved from a previous download, modified it, and then attempted to upload it.  I got an error:
Failed to communicate with radio: Radio did not ack block 0

Can I only upload the same file that I downloaded?  If that's the case, why would one save a file?

Thanks,

Peter KO6R