[chirp_users] yaesu vx5r

Robert Sears
Sun Sep 8 11:57:49 PDT 2013

I have a VX-5r and also had trouble in the start. I bought my cable off
E-bay and it said it was for the VX-5r and a couple others.

Anyway I found that it was making intermittent contact inside and if I
lightly press on the connector it worked.

My cable has a 90 degree plug on the radio end, I make sure it is
pointing down the side if the radio and put a rubber band around it to
hold it in place.

Now it works every time.

KF7VOP