[chirp_users] ic-2100, Icom USB OPC-478 FTDI (Valley Enterprises), driver from ftdichip.com and Windows XP

Jim McCorison
Thu Sep 5 13:57:37 PDT 2013

I think there is more too it than that. I've had periodic problems
programming radios with both Chirp and the Wouxun software using the
same cable and the same radio. The exact same sequence of steps yields
different results. Sometimes it works flawlessly, sometimes you have to
dance a jig on your left foot while holding your tongue with your right
thumb and forefinger while mentally reciting a voodoo incantation.
Ultimately, I just reboot the box and start from scratch and all is
well. I suspect that there are driver issues where the driver may be
left in an unstable state which is sometimes recoverable, sometimes not,
especially if a previous programming attempt was performed in the wrong
sequence.

Jim
K2SON

--