[chirp_users] ic-2100, Icom USB OPC-478 FTDI (Valley Enterprises), driver from ftdichip.com and Windows XP

Pat Anderson
Thu Sep 5 13:35:29 PDT 2013

I have an IC2100, will get a cable and see how CHIRP works for me on it, it
will be a couple of weeks radjio is at Birch Bay, WA, and I won't be back
up there for a while.  CHIRP works perfrectly for me for my Baofeng UV-5R
and Wouxon 699E, same cable.  When people say "it is not recognizing the
radio," what that most likely really means is that there is an issue with
the USB to serial adapter software.  Other than that, if the cable is not
defective, the USB to serial adapter software is about all that could
possibly be not correct.  Either that or maybe doing things in the wrong
sequence or wrong manner (for example trying to control the process from
the radio instead of letting CHIRP control the process).

Pat
KD7OAC