[chirp_users] Will the Baofeng UV-5R+ programming cable work with the Kenwood TK2212LK (same pins)...& will CHIRP program this Kenwood?

Pat Anderson
Mon Sep 2 06:34:11 PDT 2013

The real "rip off" (and I guilty of it too) is the Baofeng / Wouxon Chinese
programming cable, which rips off the real chip set for the cable in favor
of Chinese a counterfeits chipset.  My Baofeng is my new favorite for sure.
 At $30 for the radio and about $10-$12 for virtually any accessory, I have
my radio, programming cable, second battery, battery eliminator, and whip
antenna, all for about the same amount as I paid for my Wouxon, which I
thought was an inexpensive radio (which it was) and about 1/5th of what I
paid for my VX7-R. I just checked the VX-7R on Amazon, it is up over $400
on Amazon, so the Baofeng radio  alone is less than 1/10th of a Yaesu radio
alone. How they can manufacture it, ship it here, and retail it is
min-boggling.  Other than slave labor, I just don't see how they can do it.

While I am typing, CHIRP is awesome, thanks guys!  Keep up the good work!